Skilled New York Asset Search and Recovery Law Firm Finds Hidden Funds
Seasoned New York City attorney uses legal tools to force financial disclosure
When large sums of money are at stake during civil litigation or divorces, it is not uncommon for one or more parties to act unlawfully by misrepresenting their financial assets. Based in New York City, the office of Fred L. Abrams Attorney at Law helps clients across the United States level the playing field. We work to unveil hidden assets and obtain court orders to secure recovery from those assets when appropriate. If you suspect high-value assets have been hidden from you, our firm is prepared to take your case.
Experienced lawyer helps clients reclaim assets concealed via financial fraud
Full financial disclosure is pertinent to most civil proceedings. When it comes to reclaiming hidden assets, finding them is only the first step. Unlike companies that limit their services to asset search, our firm may:
- Apply for court orders to freeze or block domestic or foreign bank accounts
- Attach real property and restrain other assets
- Issue letters rogatory to collect bank account statements, signature cards and other documents from offshore bank witnesses
- Bring asset turnover proceedings against intermediaries who hide assets
- File lawsuits to recover assets fraudulently transferred to trusts or shell companies
- Petition for subpoenas
- Depose witnesses
- Seek to domesticate out-of-state subpoenas and foreign judgements
With more than 30 years of legal experience, Mr. Abrams develops an individualized asset recovery plan for every client.
Committed attorney assists clients going through high net-worth divorces
Money often becomes an extremely contentious issue during divorce, particularly in breakups involving high net worth marital estates. Dishonest individuals may try to evade fair divorce terms by hiding money through:
- Secret bank accounts
- Secret trusts
- Offshore credit cards
- Back-to-back (sham) loans
- Inaccurate fine art valuations
- Parking assets offshore in multiple jurisdictions
- Trade-based money laundering
- Having a lawyer or another individual hold onto assets until the divorce is over
Our objective is to uncover exactly what belongs in your marital estate so that you can pursue a fair result during your divorce property distribution.
Dedicated attorney helps clients to enforce civil judgment collections
Once you win a judgment in a civil lawsuit, you may still face hurdles to actually receiving the payment designated for you. Some defendants refuse to pay a judgment against them by falsely claiming that they do not have sufficient funds to fulfill the obligation. If you are dealing with a party who refuses to uphold their legal duty to compensate you, our firm can step in and attempt to locate any assets the debtor may be hiding. We can also utilize legal tools to seize those assets eligible to cover the debt.
Contact an accomplished New York City asset search and recovery attorney today
From our office in New York, New York, the team at Fred L. Abrams Attorney at Law focuses solely on asset search and recovery. To schedule a meeting with Mr. Abrams, call 800-986-1497 or contact us online.