Persistent New York Attorney Focuses on Asset Search and Recovery
Accomplished Manhattan lawyer looks for hidden accounts and offshore fraud
It is the unfortunate truth that certain companies and individuals go to great lengths to hold onto wealth that does not rightfully belong to them, choosing to commit fraud rather than act justly. Located in Manhattan, New York and serving clients across the United States and abroad, the office of Fred L. Abrams Attorney at Law is dedicated to finding and recovering hidden assets. Practicing law since 1990, Mr. Abrams has located tens of millions of dollars tucked away in offshore accounts, secret trusts and other hiding spots.
Reputable professional investigates suspicions of high-value financial fraud
Our firm utilizes the power of the law to reveal the improprieties of fraudulent parties, such as by seeking to freeze bank accounts and deposing witnesses. Mr. Abrams is known for being:
- Determined — When considerable obstacles stand between you and your desired outcome, Mr. Abrams will work tirelessly in pursuit of the most favorable result for your case.
- Knowledgeable — Focusing solely on asset discovery and recovery, Mr. Abrams remains well-informed of the laws in the most prominent jurisdictions, and in the practices used to obscure funds.
- Strategic — Every client faces their own unique circumstances. Mr. Abrams approaches each case thoughtfully, and implements actionable strategies based off the client’s concerns.
Mr. Abrams has earned an AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell® for his high ethical standards and professional ability. He is available to work with local counsel from around the United States, including California, Florida and Massachusetts.
Dedicated law firm develops personalized, goal-oriented asset recovery plans
Mr. Abrams assists with high-value asset recovery matters for clients in situations relating to::
- Divorce — A divorcing spouse might unlawfully remove assets from the marital estate to prevent those assets from being shared with his or her ex during divorce proceedings.
- Estate or trust distribution — A wealthy person’s estate or trust can be an attractive target for an unethical trustee or executor. Trusts are also used to transfer assets discretely, sometimes in ways that deprive their rightful beneficiaries.
- Collection proceedings — An entity or individual who claims to have insufficient funds to cover their debt to another party may actually be hiding their assets in an attempt to get out of their financial obligation.
- Financial fraud — Perpetrators of Ponzi schemes and other financial scams use creative methods to cover up their illegal practices, such as by passing money through offshore tax havens in multiple jurisdictions.
Our firm fiercely opposes fraudulent actors by using such methods as freezing bank accounts, deposing witnesses, initiating asset turnover lawsuits and taking other helpful legal actions. We are meticulous in our collection of evidence, and work with private investigators when prudent.
Contact a trusted New York asset search and recovery law firm to speak with an attorney
Based in New York City and practicing throughout the United States, Fred L. Abrams Attorney at Law provides diligent asset search and recovery services. To schedule a consultation with our office, call 800-986-1497 or contact us online.